Expertise in Art History
The Vitrocentre Romont can offer expertise, with many years of experience, in the areas of stained glass, reverse painting on glass and related arts, for:
- Art historical assessments (date, provenance, artists, subjects, cultural and historical significance, documentation, inventories)
- The utilisation of works from an inheritance, from a building etc.
- Advice to collectors
- Advice on organising a competition for a new commission
Conservation and restoration
The Vitrocentre Romont is a consultant on matters regarding the conservation and restoration of historic windows, stained glass and reverse paintings on glass, and advises museums, parishes, collectors, architects, restorers etc. in these areas. The following services are available:
- Analyses of the state of preservation, and conservation recommendations
- Concepts for conservation and specifications for the call for offers
- Monitoring of restoration projects
- Preventative conservation measures
- Advice on protective glazing, analysis of the aspects of energy and climate
- Maintenance programmes and monitoring
- Documentation (guidelines Vitrocentre Romont / Swiss Professional Stained Glass Association APSV)
The actual conservation work is undertaken in close collaboration with private workshops.